Thursday, June 4, 2009

Friendship


Sometimes growing up is hard. Whether it's the first sleepover, first real crush, start of middle school, college decision, or even... becoming a grandparent, growing up can be hard for everyone! I happen to be in the phase of life where:

1. People like to ask me what I'm thinking about for college/career. I'm not complaining about this aspect, it truly can be exciting and interesting to share about. 
2. I should be studying for the SAT. I already took the SAT once, but I plan to take it again after I brush up in some certain areas!
3. High school is getting (overall) close to the end. That. is. weird. I almost feel like I just started! It's funny how the media (teen TV shows, for example) makes SUCH a big deal out of the high school years. If you're not in high school yet, don't stress too much about it. It's not as if you go from middle school to college, but high school does go by faster than the world tends to dwell in it. 

Well, that list could go on... and on. But you probably get the picture. Even if you haven't yet experienced that phase of life, you probably still have an idea!

But this post is about friendship. Throughout our childhood and school years we have so many chances to become friends with different people. There are friends we are suddenly best friends forever with, and there are friends that friendship blossoms slowly but surely with. Friends who are the leader, more outgoing, and friends who are quiet observers. Friends from school, friends from church.... friends! :)

I like my friends.

Hopefully they like me too!

If you're my friend and you're reading this, hi! I'm glad we're friends :). I'll probably always remember you and care about you, even if you don't think I will (I do hope I can live up to that, anyways!). People in general think that they are the only ones who remember anybody. It'd be a shame for two friends to miss reconnecting just because they think the other had passed them by. Remember the friends that you may have let fall to the sides of your life; I've done that before, and believe me... it's NOT good! Pray that God will give you love to find fading friendships once again :). 

What is a friend? A friend is someone you can trust with your secrets, no matter what you tell them. Someone who understands how you feel when nobody else does, and cares enough about you to keep your friendship strong. A friend is a person who listens when you just need to talk. A friend is someone who likes you for you, no matter who else is around. A friend is someone who laughs with you. And a friend can be themself with you, and you with them. Friends are always there.

Hmm. If you've heard that last paragraph before, I probably gave you a Thanksgiving card in 2007 ;).

Alright. So this post has been slightly sporadic. IF YOU'RE SKIMMING, STOP AND READ THIS NOW!!! Thanks! :D

I know when I go to college in a year or so, my friendships will change. But as the song goes, "Friends are friends forever, if the LORD's the Lord of them." I do like those words. If the LORD's the Lord of them. <3

1 comment:

  1. I love love love this post! I definitely can identify with all three of those points at the beginning (yay for the SAT this Saturday!).

    I'm so grateful to God that we are still friends after all these years! <3 you

    ReplyDelete