Saturday, June 27, 2009

New Friends & Back to the 50's

Well hello. I'm sitting in our kitchen watching another Hallmark movie :). This one's good, hardly even sappy.

So Michael Jackson died on Thursday. I suppose I'll always remember where I was when I heard the news; I was at Caleb's/Josh's graduation party. I was sad because he died still in a state of... unusual...ness. I mean, it could happen: couldn't he have had a turnaround? Anyone can. But. He wasn't a Christian (I assume). That made me sad :(. One thought I had, though. I'm guessing that some people will be in denial. I predict there will be conspiracy theories about his death: how it happened (that one's a given) and mostly that some people won't believe he actually died... like with Elvis! 

Which brings me to something else. Elvis! This afternoon our church had a sock hop. It was great! Lots of people came. Young people and not so young people... but nearly all young at heart :). We danced on our own, in groups, in pairs (but mostly only when made to by the dance instructors. Besides the married couples. They were cute :) ). "Elvis," who was actually a professional impersonator, made a surprise visit. Everyone got really excited then! But I have to say, "Sonny" and "Sher" were the ones who we all REALLY loved :D. Our senior pastor and his wife got up there and sang "I Got You Babe." They were totally dressed in outfits and wigs :). Everyone screamed and cheered. Also, one lady from our church was the main planner and organizer. She did SO much work and it all turned out completely amazing :). Thank you Miss Linda! 

Which... reminds me of another something else! New friends. I have three new friends who I kinda sorta wish I could've known all my life. Justin, Nathan, and Calli-Jade. I finally met Justin and Nathan after hearing about them from my sister, Maggie, who is in a awesome play with them :). They sing and goof around... but, yes, can apparently be serious too! They also share a twin-like sibling connection with each other, which possibly spread between the two of them and my sister and I. And there's Calli-Jade. She is so encouraging about faith and just life! I love talking to her. I'm really glad I met all three people. Even though I do wish I'd known them a lot longer, God let me meet them in His timing. Yay! :)

Well, it's rather later. Ta ta!

2 comments:

  1. *sigh* I wish I could meet your new friends too, Lindsay Anne! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo! I'm an official follower! Hehe. Sorry ;)

    ReplyDelete