Monday, May 11, 2009

Compassion International

I want to tell you about two very special girls in my life. Abigail is 8 and Monica is 15. They live in Bolivia and I sponsor them through Compassion International. 

When you sponsor a child through Compassion, you write letters as well as exchange pictures and sometimes other small things with them. Abigail and I have been writing for over two years, since she was six :). A while back she started writing the letters herself, and they are usually accompanied by lovely drawings as well! She is so special to me and I possibly.... hope to meet her someday. I'm not sure exactly when or by what means financially though!

Today I actually just got my very FIRST letter from Monica!!! (One also came from Abigail today :D ). The letter was short, but I was SO excited! I'd been hoping I'd hear from both girls soon. 

I don't want to go on and on, but truly they mean a lot to me and I love them so much! They are a blessing as well as I hope to be for them. One last thing that's really neat is that they write in Spanish and now I can tell the gist of what they're saying without reading the translation :). 

I'd highly recommend sponsoring a child through Compassion International. It's $32 dollars a month. If you're worried about money... remember that God will provide! It's also worth it anyway because of the relationship you build with your sponsored child as you pray for each other and communicate by letter. 

If you want to go the child search, this is the link: http://www.compassion.com/sponsor_a_child/default.htm

Also, this is the Compassion homepage! http://www.compassion.com/default.htm

Letter reader and writer,
Lindsay Anne

1 comment:

  1. Aw, i didn't know you were sponsering a second girl! that's so cool :) that's something i'd really love to do some time, once i have an actual income lol

    ReplyDelete