Friday, May 1, 2009

Hannah Montana

Well, I saw the Hannah Montana movie on Wednesday. So....why not write a review for it! (note: if you're not at all familiar with Hannah Montana....sorry, this review isn't exactly geared toward you!)

In my opinion....
Overall, the movie was better than the show--mainly better quality. It was corny, as expected. But I really enjoyed some of the music (it's true) and the acting wasn't even that bad. Surprise of the month, out of nowhere Rascal Flatts and Taylor Swift pop up in different scenes! Miss Swift takes part in a Tennessee fundraiser, and the guys from Rascal Flatts are part of the Stewart family. I also bought the soundtrack the day after I saw the movie. One of the songs, "Hoedown Throwdown," while admittedly is a bit juvenile and silly, is lots of fun! It also was a cool scene in the movie. The ending is a bit contradictory to the advertised tag-line of the movie (which tells us that Miley will have to choose either Miley or Hannah as permanent identity). That might leave some unsatisfied, but others content. However, I won't spoil the ending :). In the end, this is a movie I would definitely watch again. I know perhaps the majority of teenagers are groaning and rolling their eyes at me right now...or maybe have already stopped reading as soon as they realized what this post was about! But I liked it, and seeing it with friends (who ended up liking the movie too, although they didn't plan to ;) ) made it all the better.

Movie reviewer today, music tomorrow?,
Lindsay Anne

2 comments:

  1. i'd be excited to see music reviews. you can be like miley and cross from one form of media to another!! :) hope you're well!

    peace, c.

    ps did you know that miley and taylor ALSO study with the same coach as me? it's a small little world down there in nashy-ville. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read a review of the movie on some news site... and they said pretty much what you did. That it was just like the t.v. show, except better quality -- mostly referring to the quality of the music. So at least one reviewer agrees with you. :)

    - Wendy C.

    ReplyDelete