Friday, May 22, 2009

A C.S. Lewis Quote


Sigh. Today is a lovely day. I'd just like to say that if you haven't been outside yet... go quickly :).

"Love may forgive all infirmities and love still in spite of them: but Love cannot cease to will their removal." ~C.S. Lewis

I know this quote can be taken and related to in different ways, but I want to share how it came across to me. I would sometimes wonder if I could truly forgive someone for something, but not fully forget about it. Is it wrong to still worry about the sin that is "forgiven"? Because I do. What if the sin is continuous... or possibly continuous? When we love someone, a family member or close friend, we can't help but hate to see them fall. Often times their vices affect us as well. In that we may be selfish and want their problems to go away for our own sake. But we may also simply want their sin to be gone because we hate to watch them suffer. To me, this quote says that in love, we may be quick to forgive, but still wish away and despise the sin itself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment