Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Field Day :)


Today I wanted to put at least one sentence in rainbow! Well, here goes...

Today was field day.

Yay! Okay, well anyways. Today was field day. While the purpose of this blog is not meant to be a diary type thing of my life....I want to write about field day because it was quite unexpectedly fun! It's not that I haven't enjoyed field day in the past, because I have. But this one was a bit different. We were in the park from about 12 to 2. For around the first hour and a half, the older kids had free time to go basically wherever, as long as it was nearby. The younger kids rotated through activities that included relay races and face painting. When a group of kids was stationed at face painting, they also had the option of playing on the big and totally awesome playground! I ended up there for a while when the red team was there, and we played tag. I hate tag. I run out of energy quickly and am not really much of a game player. But I had SOOO much fun!!! I'm pretty sure that was because I was one of the oldest in the group, besides Andrew. So for one I could run fast enough ;). But there's just something special about being that older kid, when the 3rd graders are chasing you and giggling all the way. By the time they had to rotate I had learned the names in certainty and talked to some of the kids I'd seen all year, but never really connected with. After the rotations my team won in the tug-of-war competition (yay white team!). THEN a bunch of water balloons appeared! Mostly the little kids grabbed them. Some of my friends got ....um.. slightly soaked, but I can quite happily say I didn't get very wet and was not responsible for throwing any balloons ;). We all walked happily back across the street, one of the third grade girls holding my hand part of the way. 

A newly decided field day lover who is beginning to think she can feel a sunburn,
Lindsay Anne

2 comments:

  1. Lindsay Anne thank you for this reflection on Field Day. I passed it on to Mrs. Laury, Mrs. Brooking and Mrs. Paul to encourage them. Field Day offers such wonderful opportunities for students to get to know each other. Thanks for taking the time to get to know the younger ones. It sounds like you made their day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay Anne,
    I am so happy that you enjoyed field day and extened yourself to "the little ones". Your words are a blessing to me, and an answer to prayer. Congrats on winning the tug-of-war!
    Sincerely,
    Mrs. Laury

    ReplyDelete